The dishwasher is the unsung hero of the kitchen. So many of us rely on these machines to make our lives easier, but are you doing enough to take care of it in return?
If your dishes haven’t been quite as clean as they could be, it might be time to give the dishwasher a wash of its own. With these 5 bright and shiny tips, you’ll be able to keep your dishwasher running smoothly and your dishes sparkling clean.
5 Dishwasher Cleaning & Maintenance Tips
- Regularly Clean the Filter: Your dishwasher filter traps food particles during the wash cycle. To keep your dishwasher running efficiently, clean the filter regularly by rinsing it under warm water and scrubbing gently with a soft brush.
- Inspect the Spray Arm: The spray arm is key to your dishwasher’s cleaning power. Check it regularly for clogs or food particles and clean it as necessary.
- Use a Dishwasher Cleaner: Every few months, run your dishwasher empty with a specially formulated dishwasher cleaner. This can help remove accumulated grease and limescale.
TIP: Don’t want to spend money on a cleaner? A mug of white vinegar on the top shelf of your dishwasher will clean things up, too!
- Check the Door Seal: A leaky dishwasher can be due to a damaged door seal. Inspect the seal for cracks or damage and replace it if necessary.
- Don’t Overuse Detergent: More isn’t always better when it comes to dishwasher detergent. Using too much can leave residue on your dishes and inside the dishwasher. Follow the manufacturer’s recommended amount.
Remember, preventative care is the best way to avoid costly repairs down the line. Regular maintenance not only extends the life of your dishwasher but also improves its performance, ensuring you’ll always have spotlessly clean dishes.
If you do encounter any issues that seem beyond your skills, don’t hesitate to call in a professional. With a home warranty, you can save money on repairs and make the process much, much easier! Contact Trinity Home Advisors today to set up a warranty to keep your dishwasher – and your other appliances – in tip-top shape!